Consulting, Writing & Editing Services
For the HAES, Body Positive, Fat Acceptance, Plus-Size Fashion, Intuitive Eating & Eating Disorder Recovery Communities
Hi! I’m Lindley (she/her, pronounced LIN-lee), and in addition to my hats as a photographer and subscription box creator, I’m a writer and editor.
My background is in corporate marketing, writing and technical editing in the government contracting and software fields, where my employers and clients ranged from L-3 Communications to small businesses to Disney. In 2015, I turned my attention to body acceptance and liberation work and began offering client photography, stock photography and writing services. My clients now include Health at Every Size (HAES) and intuitive eating-aligned psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists, coaches, nutritionists, dietitians, and other healthcare pros.
Though I’m not a clinician, I have a deep understanding of HAES, intuitive eating, weight bias and stigma, body image and liberation, body positivity and fat acceptance. My work is always created from a social-justice-aware lens, and I refer to my lived experience as a fat person when applicable.
Writing & Editing Services
My specialty is translating techspeak and jargon into 101-level language that anyone can understand. In other words, I’ll explain llamas to your mama. (Or drama. Or dioramas. Or commas.) I’m experienced in content creation and inbound marketing, from articles to guides to whitepapers to social media. I’m a detail-obsessed nitpick of an editor, a flexible writer and a quick study.
I’m currently offering:
- HAES- and fat liberation-informed content checks for existing work
- SEO-optimized website and “about” pages
- SEO-optimized article, blog post, handout, whitepaper and ebook content creation (writing and design/layout, with byline or via ghostwriting)
- Developmental editing, copy editing and technical editing for existing work
- Social media post design and creation, including images, text and suggested hashtags
I’m not currently offering social media management services.
Rate: From $60/hour depending on type of service, please inquire for a free 15-minute consultation and detailed estimate
I spend a lot of time thinking about and discussing inclusive and accessible spaces, and how business owners can both grow their businesses and be welcoming, fantastic places for people who identify as large-bodied, plus-size, fat, superfat or infinifat. In fact, I’m even writing a book on it, from where to find high-weight-limit chairs to the nitty-gritty details like how to handle fatphobia when it comes from your customers or employees.
I’m happy to help you design or adapt your business to be fat-friendly and inclusive. Let’s talk about your specific situation and needs.
Rate: From $80/hour, please inquire for a free 15-minute consultation and detailed estimate
Here are a few of my published works. I’m happy to provide a full portfolio on request.
- The HAES® files: An Open Letter to Fitness Professionals, Association for Size Diversity and Health (ASDAH) (reposted on the NEDA blog)
- When Your World Shrinks, Allgo
- Huge Tracts of Land: The Lingerie, Bra and Panty Guide for Large, Medium and Small Plus Sizes
- 8 Ways to Make Your Business More Body Positive, Fat Girl Reviews
- 40 Kind and Positive Words for Your Body, Prospect Therapy guest blog post
- 11 Reasons You Deserve Clothing You Love, According to the Experts, Plus Bklyn guest blog post
- Sony hack: This time it’s personal, Technology Spectator
- CIOs underestimate security risks, Computerworld
- Contractors should resolve to adapt in 2014, Washington Post Capital Business
- Contractors can survive sequester by keeping an eye on their finances, Washington Post Capital Business