Become a Body Liberation Stock Contributor
Spread some love, make the world a better place — and get paid to do it. Unlike most of the mainstream stock image sites, we’ve got motives beyond profit margin, which means caring about contributors. We want you to make a living wage too, so you get a stunning 50% profit share. That increases to a staggering 60% if you license your images exclusively with Body Liberation Photos!
(One of the world’s largest stock image sites, in comparison, offers photographer royalties of 15-35 percent. Woohoo.)
As a Body Liberation Photos stock contributor, you get:
- Paid a royalty every time someone purchases the right to use one of your images
- A complete contributor’s guide that walks you through choosing images, uploading, adding captions and tags, and promoting your work to get more sales
- To be part of the internet’s best source for diverse and body positive artwork
- To sell prints, magnets, phone cases and other items featuring your work, if you choose
- Access to the Body Liberation Photos contributor community on Facebook, where you can chat with other artists and get real-time help and feedback
Here’s how the contributor process works:
- Fill out the application form (we’ll let you know when it’s ready if you submit your email above).
- Include some samples of your best work.
- If your work is appropriate for the site, we’ll send you a welcome email with access to the Body Liberation Photos Contributor Guide. (If not, we’ll still let you know – we won’t leave you hanging.)
- Upload your images to the site, give them appropriate descriptions and keywords, and enjoy being part of a vibrant community of ethical, body positive artists.
What We’re Looking For
We’re currently seeking photos, illustrations, artwork, vectors and videos on these topics:
- People with non-mainstream bodies (anyone who’s not white, thin and able-bodied)
- Health at every size, joyful movement, and intuitive eating
- People of all ages, especially larger children and all kinds of older folks
- People of all genders, particularly non-binary and transgender folks
- People of all ethnicities, especially those with darker skin
- People of all faiths, particularly those whose faith is readily apparent in images
- People living with disabilities: physical, mental, invisible and visible
- People in friendships and loving relationships of all kinds
- People of all kinds in their daily lives, at home and at work
- Diverse groups and teams at work, in social settings, and having fun
- Positive, social media-friendly original quotes and sayings in editable formats
- Body positive printables
- Seasonal and holiday images that include people (think outside the box – there are many under-represented holidays!)
- Conceptual images that help illustrate any related topic, especially the issues that people who are discriminated against face
- Pins, buttons, brooches, jewelry, and other physical items that celebrate diverse bodies, people and experiences (you’ll need to fulfill these yourself)
Topics we’re not currently seeking:
- Most nature, landscape and flower photos that don’t include people
- People who are thin and white and able-bodied (they already have plenty of representation)
- Headless fatties, or anyone without a head (with rare exceptions)
- Any photos taken with a cellphone or smartphone
- Arm’s-length selfies
More Information on Contributing
Want more details before applying? Take a look at the Contributor Guide.
Hi! I’m Lindley.
I’m a photographer, author, cat mom, subscription box creator, and fat activist.
I help people reclaim their bodies through photography. I capture images of people of all sizes, ethnicities and genders, not just the ones whose bodies are likely to be seen in magazines and advertisements.
I also really enjoy putting together resources on body acceptance and Health at Every Size, or HAES — so much that I do it every week!