What do anger and art have in common? Shohreh Davoodi and I talk about it — and lots more — on episode 53 of her podcast, Redefining Health & Wellness.
- The many projects and roles that I’ve taken on through my work.
- How I initially discovered the fat acceptance movement through LiveJournal.
- The effect my unconventional childhood had on her beliefs about bodies since I had very limited access to things like TV or magazines.
- The ways in which fat bodies are negatively portrayed in mainstream media.
- Accessing your anger and harnessing it in your work.
- Limitations of most stock photography websites.
- The realities of social justice-oriented online businesses.
- The value of in-between spaces as part of the overall journey to more radical ones.
- Different considerations in the conversation about using Photoshop in service of art.
- How you can start working with clients in larger bodies if you never have before.
- How I define health and wellness for myself at this moment in my life.